Information and Communication Technology Unit
The Information and Communication Technology Unit handles the operations and maintenance of computerized activities of the Commission. Thus, the unit is the focal point for all Management Information Systems services for all departments in the commission.
THE MANDATE OF ICT UNIT
- New hardware and Software Purchase Recommendation
- Installation and Operation of new communication systems and software
- Routine maintenance of Servers and Systems
- Infrastructure Support for the Commission
- Assimilation assistance of new and current software
- Network infrastructure management
- Assuring systems security
- Carrying out monitoring and inspection of infrastructure and communication facilities.
ICT UNIT OPERATIONAL STRUCTURE
The unit is made up of three major sections namely:
- Network Infrastructure
- Application, Operations and Training
- Services Management and Planning.
The unit's staffs are well trained, and are ready to fit in with the new knowledge that rise everyday in the ICT world of progress. Some of the responsibilities and activities of the unit are as follows:
- Management of the commission’s network infrastructure (LAN/WAN).
- Management of the commission’s connectivity.
Application, Operations and Training
- Management of the commission’s server/storage facilities.
- Provide support to the M&E operations.
- Management of the commission website and portal administration.
- Provides the desktop management services.
- Administration of user password policy.
- Management of the commission exchange.
- Provide support services.
- Develop and implement IT organization training curriculum
Services Management and Planning
- Monitor and evaluate IT performance.
- Develop and implement user IT policy.
- Ensure compliance to IT process.
- Provide IT project management
- Maintain configuration database of IT infrastructure
- Definition of user requirement and appropriate liaison with the departmental for proper IT alignment.
- E-government applications and services