- Hits: 471
Special Duties Department was formally known as Commission Secretariat Unit which was part of the States Coordination Unit created in 2011. The Unit was upgraded to a Department on August 12, 2014 by the Honourable Minister Dr.Olarenwaju Abubakar Sulaiman to enhance effective delivery of service. The Deparment provides Secretariat for the following bodies:
(I) The National Economic Council (NEC)
(II) The Joint Planning Board/National Council on Development Planning
(III) The Department maintains liason with other Departments/Units in the Commission as may be useful in promoting plan formulation and implementation in the Commission.
(I) the National Economic Council (NEC) members comprises of all the thirty six (36) states Governors and the Hon.Minister of FCT.Other members of the Council include the Governor of CBN, CME/Hon.Minister of Finance amongst others.
(I) Commissioners/Permanent Secretaries of States especially those from States on matters that relate to National Council on Development Planning (NCDP) AND Joint Planning Board (JPB).
(III) Various sub-committees that come as off-shoot of the NEC decisions.
The Vision of the Department is to provide a coordinated secretarial support services that will accelarate policy making, implementation and national development.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To effectively support and advance NEC decision and directives on issues concerning plans, policies and National development.
- Assisting the Secretary to the Commission to provide line supervision and general management to all the staff;
- Execute assigned projects for the Secretary to the Commission;
- Manage assigned direct reporting units on behalf of the Secretary to the Commission e.g. ACTU, Stock Verification;
- Assist the Secretary to the Commission, as required, to formulate and articulate his/her leadership agenda for the Commission;
- To provide Secretariat to NEC and all the preparatory aspect of the monthly meetings in terms of information dissemination to all members.
- Prompt delivery in the area of minutes circulation
- Ensuring that all members (Governors) are duly informed about the NEC and other meetings and minutes of meetings and minutes of meeting circulated.
- Prepare Council extract of each meeting for the attention of Mr. President.
- Prepare action point of each meeting for the consideration of the Hon. Minister of National Planning and Vice President
- Provide support in times of leadership transition in the Commission;
- Manage high-level stakeholder access to secretary;
- Provide secretariat service to high-level meetings of the Secretary to the Commission;
- Help Secretary to the Commission to manage his/her schedule to ensure that his/her activities follow espoused priorities;
- Coordinate the Secretary to the Commission’s response to emergencies;
- Schedule all staff meetings and briefings involving the Secretary to the Commission;
- Represent the Secretary of the Commission in certain functions as may be directed;
- Joint Planning Board (JPB) / National Council on Development Planning (NCDP);
- Liaison with National Assembly;
- Any other assignment as may be directed by the Honourable Minister or Secretary to the Commission;
- FINAL DRAFT OF COMMUNIQUÉ OF BENUE JPB MEETING
- REPORT OF THE IST COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE STATE
- REPORT ON THE MEETING OF THE STATES LIAISON OFFICERS
- REPORT OF THE JPB BAUCHI 2014
- REPORT OF THE JPB AKWA IBOM 2013